Concept to Commissioning
High Speed Robotic Spot Welding Line
- Completely automatic robotic spot-welding and handling line
- Need to increase production from 300 vehicles/day to 2500 vehicles per day
- Allowable breakdown time less than 0.01% of production time
- Integration of 11 ABB robots
- Between 30-50 spot welds per robot
- Accurate fixtures and positioning tools
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) before Dispatch
- Ease of use and easy for maintenance.
- Documentation for operator use, preventive maintenance and spares
- Human assistive jig fixturing and positioning.
- Optimized robotic spot welding programs for all robots
- Performed simulations for entire system to prove feasibility before manufacturing.
- Poka yoke at all locations
- Complete System Integration
- Safety systems to ensure operator safety
- High speed pneumatic rotary indexers to optimize the cycle time and space for heavy jig payload
- Optimized integration between robotic operations and jig movement operations to meet production rates
- Documentation including operator/maintenance manual, preventive maintenance document, critical and recommended spares list
- Installation and programming of 11 ABB robots with spot welding end of arm tooling
- Rotary indexers for rotating the jig payload of 2 tons in 8 seconds
- Integration over DeviceNet for robots and CC-link for jig handling
- 11 station pallet line using rack and pinion indexers
- Overhead pick and place systems for removing jig from the pallet line.
- Easy to use SCADA and HMI systems
Under 500 thousand USD